♥ Village Ban on Open Burning – March 16 to May 31 ♥
All open burning is strictly prohibited in the Village during this high fire-risk period from March 16 through May 30. If you see an illegal open burn, please contact Fire Chief, Kevin Morrison at 657-9273. For more information on the Open Burn Law, click here.
♥ You can turn off your water now!!
For those of you on the Village water system who have been running the water to prevent the pipes from freezing, it is safe to turn the water off now.
March Minutes have been Posted
The minutes of the March 2015 Board Meeting are available for viewing.
The March Newsletter has been posted!
- Disposal of Electronic Equipment
- Pancake Breakfast Schedule
- Two Ways to Recycle Your Electronic Waste
- Village Yard Sale Date
- Water Rent Dates, etc.
- and much more!
Electronics Disposal Ban
Beginning January 1, 2015, consumers may no longer dispose of certain types of electronic equipment in landfills, waste-to-energy facilities, in the trash, or at curbside for trash pickup.
- Computers (including laptops, desktops, tablets and e-readers) Consumers should erase all personal and confidential data before sending it for recycling or reuse. Reformatting your hard drive or deleting files does not destroy your data. Manufacturers must provide information on their public education websites on how consumers can destroy the data contained in their electronic waste. As previously mentioned, manufacturers may offer data security services as part of the electronic waste acceptance program, and may charge a fee for this type of “premium service”. As a community service, Home Electronic Services of Delanson is offering Village of Delanson residents complete & secure data removal from old computers for FREE! To take advantage of this offer, simply call them at 518-231-3982 or visit their website at www.HESFixit.com.
- Cathode ray tubes
- Computer peripherals (including any cable, cord, or wiring accompanying the computer peripheral.)
- Electronic keyboards
- Electronic mice or similar pointing devices
- Facsimile machines, document scanners, and printers (only those intended for use with a computer and weighing less than 100 lbs.)
- Small electronic equipment (including any cable, cord, or wiring accompanying the small electronic equipment.)
- Digital video recorders (DVRs)
- Portable digital music players
- DVD players (including projectors with DVD player capabilities intended for home-use)
- Digital converter boxes
- Cable or satellite receivers (including digital media receivers)
- Electronic or video game consoles (including both handheld devices and those intended for use with a video display device)
- Small scale servers
Email Notification System
The Village of Delanson has initiated a new Email Notification system whereby residents can be notified by email immediately of important information or any emergency situation that has developed in the Village. Examples would be water main breaks, water main repairs, hydrant flushing, sudden changes in Village services such as garbage pickup or snow plowing, flooding, road closings, damaged roads etc.. Emails will not be sent for normal news items, notices or scheduled events. In addition, updates will be emailed to keep residents informed of the ongoing circumstances as new information is received by the Village until the event or emergency is over. There is no cost for this service. Simply fill in your email address in the box on the lower left sidebar of this page and click the SUBMIT button. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your decision to receive these bulletins. Once we receive your confirmation, you will be added to our mailing list to receive theses notices. OR, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the email notification list. That’s it! Please do not send an email to the village clerk as this will not add your name to the notification list. Your privacy is important to us. Your email address will not be shared, sold or used in any other capacity and you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any email you receive or by contacting the web guy at email@example.com. We hope this new feature will not only help keep our residents well informed but safer during emergency situations.
CP Rail Community Connection Line – Complaints of Idling Trains
- Location (crossing # 250195D, location – Main street, Delanson)
- Engine Number (number off of first engine)
Incidents must be reported within 24 – 48 hours of the occurrence to be investigated.