WHAT THE VILLAGE IS DOING.
As per the Governor’s directives until April 15th, the Village Board of Trustees has decided to continue conducting regular Village business meetings by videoconferencing via Zoom. As a Village we are faced with situations that demand immediate action, such as the adoption of the budget, bid award for water plant repairs project and the approval of payments that local businesses are relying on during these trying economic times.
We will make every effort to provide an agenda in advance to interested residents. Comments from the public will be accommodated via email at email@example.com. Requests to be heard at the public hearing or business meeting must be submitted by the 3 pm the day of the meeting. Submissions will be read during the public comment period. A transcript of the meetings will be available within approx. two weeks of the meeting.
April 6, 2020 at 6:30pm – Annual Village Organizational Meeting – no comment period
April 15, 2020 at 6:30 pm – 2020-2021 Tentative Budget Hearing. The tentative budget can be viewed here. Please call the Village Clerk/Treasurer at 518-895-2199 for a copy of the budget and the agenda.
April 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm – Regular Village Board of Trustees business meeting. Agenda will be posted on the website. Please contact the Village office for a copy via email or pickup.
What are we doing?
- The Village Board of Trustees has hired an independent cleaning service to deep clean the building.
- Fire Department members will clean and disinfect all tables, chairs and kitchen utensils.
- Pancake Breakfast is cancelled until our next season in October.
- Village staff and citizens should use the buildings front entrance. All EMS personnel use side doors.
- Maintain physical distance to a minimum of six feet, rotate in office staffing
- Regular Board of Trustee meetings will be via teleconferencing for the foreseeable future.
- Village phone messages are monitored daily, both in office and remotely.
- Asking residents to practice physical distancing while out and about. The weather is getting nicer and although many of us have been accepting our new normal by staying home, we are longing for the sunshine and the kiss of Spring to somehow let us know everything will be alright in time. Please go hiking, bike riding, walking and visiting parks that still allow public access, but do so safely by yielding 6-10 feet to oncoming citizens. And for goodness sake, smile! The basics are not basic. The elements of air, water, earth and fire are unparalleled. Spend time appreciating nature and get outside as much as is safe and possible, watch sunrises and sunsets from your window. Fill your window with a rainbow and connect with your family.